Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Ginger's arthritis has really been flaring up lately, so I decided to take her with me to pick up some new meds. She has never been out in public before other than walks in the neighborhood. Once I had her in the buggy and wheeled her inside Petsmart, she acted like she was a princess! She stood up in the buggy with her tail going like mad and her eyes as big as quarters. Some nice lady even gave her a treat! It was really good to see her happy, something that hasn't happened a lot lately. The pills I got her were highly reccommended, so I'm keeping finger's crossed that they work for Ginger!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am so glad that Ginger had a good day! I used to think that only idiots went to Petsmart to show off their stupid dogs. Now I *know* that only idiots don't have dogs!!!!!!

I love also all the attention my Twins get in Petsmart. We are getting a Petco soon so that will mean more Puppy outings!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie loves Petsmart. We never buy food there anymore because I found a locally owned store but Petsmart has become part of Maggie's "social life". We went out a couple of weeks ago because a friend wanted me to see the two beagles in her dog's obedience class. While we we were there two additional beagles came into the store. We created quite a sensation with 5 beagles mingling in the middle of Petsmart. I'm glad Ginger had a good time. I think just like people, dogs need to get out of the house and have a change in routine.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great, I'm always in favor of taking my dog out with me... Couldn't do that too much with my other dog cause he is very aggressive towards other dogs, but definitely planning to with Chloe :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It's great to hear that she was so happy!

If I'm not busy on a Friday night, like tonight, I'll take Caesar to PetSmart to get his nails clipped and then wak around the store. I try out a new doggy cologne on him then he picks out a couple new toys and sniffs all the other dogs. He usually "marks" a spot when we're there too. He's so happy to have an outting.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I can picture Ginger riding her cart and greeting the public like Cleopatraa on her barge.(crazy analogy; I'm reading Cleo's memoirs now).

I love showing my dogs off. Henry is such a scared little guy, I don't know how he would act in Petsmart.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I love the mental picture of Ginger riding in her cart. :heart: Our Petsmart is an hour's drive away, so our pack has never gone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Traveler would love it 'cause he's very people oriented, but I'm not sure how the others would do.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think Beagles just bring out the best in people /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts