Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ginger's arthritis had recently gotten to the point where she didn't want to get out of bed. The vet and I didn't want to keep her on Rimadyl, as long term use may cause liver damage. I had been using joint pills with Glucosamine as the main ingredient, but with no improvement. Thursday I got her the "super" joint tablets that have Glucosamine with the Chondroitin, and have had encouraging results. She is much happier, is smiling and tail wagging again, and is starting to use her "gimpy" leg. Just wanted to pass the info along in case someone else wants to help out thier senior dog!

Here's Ginger ready for bed!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That is great news. We have also had Booker on some sort of glucosamine for a couple of months now (called Recovery SA) and we are just amazed at the change that has come over her... Before we started she was also at the point where she basically would stay in bed all day with short, painful and limpy walks outside when absolutely necessary. Now she has about 10 times the energy she did before, and she is even initiating play with the young-uns sometimes - which is something she has NEVER done before!

A number of people who have seen her since we started with the Recovery SA have noticed that she has a "sparkle" in her eyes that just hadn't been there before for some time. It sounds like Ginger has that "sparkle" back too!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great news about Ginger! Those pleading eyes just seem to say "please, Mommy, help me up!" If Ginger has any backslide with her treatment, you might want to ask your vet about a series of Adequan shots. Maggie had them last summer with remarkable response.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the encouragement! Ginger is my "middle child" that had been tied to a man's patio for four years.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am utterly in shock right now. In the course of one week, Ginger is back to her old self again, running around in the yard and walking on all four legs again. (she had not been using her left front leg at all). :bounce: :woohoo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts