Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ginger passed this morning at 10:15 after a long fight with severe arthritis. Thankfully my father was with me as I held her head in my hand. It is so very hard, but she is no longer in pain. She had been doing OK, but the last few days she stopped eating and could not even stand on her own. She is now running pain-free across the bridge.

I promised her before we left the house that I would save another beagle life as I had saved hers. We need to recover from the pain of losing her for a while, though.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Matthew: I am so sorry to read about Ginger. I am glad you were not by yourself. Please do take comfort knowing that Ginger is looking down at you, thanking you for the wonderful care that you provided to her. Maybe she is even taking a swim in a pool right now!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Matthew,

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and Ginger. Know that you did what was best for her and never second guess it.

Run free girl.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Matthew,

I wish that I could give you a hug and listen as you cry for Ginger. It's hard to remember that as much as it hurts us when they leave, they are in a much better place...away from pain and illness.

You are a wonderful daddy to your babies and will be a wonderful daddy to a beagle-in-need in the future.

Dear sweet Ginger....please tell my Olivia that I love her and still miss her terribly. Then let her show you around paradise.

~Denise

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing for your sweet Ginger and her pain is gone now.

{{{HUGS}}}}

·
Registered
193 Posts
so sorry
sleep tight Ginger

·
Registered
824 Posts
I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Ginger is waiting for you over the bridge pain free and happy.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Matthew, once again, I'm typing with tears in my eyes.
I'm so sorry, but you did the right thing. It's so hard to let go of a beloved furkid, but it's unkind to let them suffer.

You're a terrific beagle daddy and, when the time is right, another beagle will be blessed when it comes to live with you.

Run free, Ginger, and give my furkids at the Bridge some licks for me.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Matthew,

I am so sorry to read of Ginger's health problems, and your heartbreaking loss. You were strong enough to end her misery even knowing it would break your heart, and my prayers are with you.

Run free Ginger !!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Matthew, I am so sorry. I know the pain and hurt might be unbearable now, but it does get a little better as time goes by.
Chipper and all the others who have passed from here will meet Ginger and they are playing together, running free of their pain and hurts. Remember the good times, and the laughing times, they gave me great strength and peace when Chip passed.

You are in my prayers.
Cathy J

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My thoughts and heart are with you! I can only get through losing a beloved furkid by truly believing in the Rainbow Bridge - in my 69 years I've lost many loved pets - and it's never easy - but you know Ginger had a great life - and she's pain free now.
My deepest sympathy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts