Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dogs and I were on our own part of the night, as my boyfriend went to bed early with a migraine. While I lay on the couch watching <span style="font-style: italic">Columbo</span> DVDs, Spock and Bones fought over one of my socks and had the zoomies. Spock gave up the chase after a while and went to work on a bone by the couch, and Bones came up to cuddle with me and stare at the TV (she just loves watching TV, and this episode had a barking basset hound - oh, boy!).

After a few minutes, she got antsy and sat on my stomach, then, possibly smelling my supper of chili, suddenly started licking my face around my nose and mouth. I kept giggling and laughing and turning my head. I covered my face with the quilt, and what did miss smartypants do? With one gentle paw, she pulled the quilt back to uncover my face and went right back to licking! Though dog slobber is kinda gross (I know what they've been licking!), it was just so adorable and funny that I couldn't bring myself to stop her.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Haha, that happens to me too. If Squeegee smells the food around your mouth he'll stand there and try to lick your face. I've gotten a couple suprise french kisses, haha!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hee-hee-hee, menolly does this too. Only she'll lick your face any old time, food or not! I was baby-talking her this morning and she nailed me! I was saying 'What's mama gonna do with you, huh? Should I pet you and hug you and keep you for-e... e...blech!

Took me about a minute to wash my mouth out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Zelda licks very slowly sometimes and will stop mid-lick, so you end up with a tongue stuck to your face.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's so adorable! Hunter doesn't lick my face. He just wants to smell my breath, especially after eating something very tasty, and brushing my teeth lol.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Diesel will do that too... especially with food. he jumps on the couch and licks your face half off..haha he has learned that if he stands on your hands or arms you cant move to get him to stop lickin you. or if you hide undresomething he will find a way to get it off...

if i put my hand on him to try to push him back a little he will put his paw up and swat my hand away haha

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Originally Posted By: beaglepal21That's so adorable! Hunter doesn't lick my face. He just wants to smell my breath, especially after eating something very tasty, and brushing my teeth lol.
That is exactly what Little Man Tate does. He doesn't ever lick us, but he always wants to smell a person's breath. That's how he greets people. I guess it is better than smelling their butt. lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey loves to give kisses. When I come home from work she won't stop until she kisses me. Today I wouldn't let her and she was going crazy. I sat down and was talking to her. I closed my eyes for a second and the next thing I know I've got paws on my shoulders and Jersey was licking my face. Once she got her kisses in, she was all happy and went to chew on a toy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts