Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting fixed

When a dog is "fixed", what exactly do they do? Are tubes tied off or are parts physically removed? I'm curious because ever since Diggity had her surgery, she dribbles after she pees. When she has an accident in the house, the dribble will trail all the way into the next room. We thought it may be temporary, but it's been well over a month since her surgery.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Re: Getting fixed

I would ask the vet that performed the "fix". It does not sound normal to me. Only have experience with boy Beags and have not had the problem you are having.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts

Daisy was spayed last Tuesday, and so far she's been fine. No dribbling at all. It doesn't sound normal to me, so I would contact the vet.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

When Chloe was spayed, I asked the vet and he told me her womb and ovaries were taken out. Basically her entire "system". I know when my cousins Shih Tzu was neutered, his testicles were removed.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Nuetering for girls is much more invasive. All the reproductive organs are removed. With boys, its just the testicles.

As for the dribbling, I would see your vet. I could be an infection of some sort (UTI or bladder). That could cause it as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts

My sister-in-law is actually dealing with this problem with her rescue dog (not a beagle). They originally thought it was due to her spay procedure and put her on hormones which is very common. She has been in diapers since they brought her home. They have now discovered that it is an ectopic ureter, or a birth defect in which her tubes are routed wrong. This requires further surgery. I would definitely check with your vet since this just started after being spayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts