Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at crates for Miggy but I'm not sure what size to get. On Petsmart the Midwest Lifestyles got good reviews. Let me know what you use. Do I need the training pads? They didn't have them the last time I had a puppy. My last dog was a Great Dane that I purchased at 1year. I worked from 9pm to 4am with my band. I rented a house nearby and Chester was trained to watch over my young boys while we were working. He was a wonderful, fun and loyal dog and we adored him. Later in his life someone broke into our home while we were sleeping and he chased him out of the house and cornered him in the yard. that was one scared crook. My boys are now 37 and 31 and they still love to talk about our "horse dog" and their adventures with him. I grew up with a beagle collie mix and he was the best dog ever! This will be my first purebred beagle and I love the loving but independent traits of the breed. So bring on the advice, Miggy will be 13 weeks when we get him. He is raised by a breeder/hunter but socialized by his grandaughter in their home. He is all I can think about since we found him and I may go nuts waiting but I can pass the time learning all I can to make his home the best it can be. Thanks to you all, I've been reading your posts and it is clear that if a beagle loves you you are SOMEBODY very SPECIAL!!!!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes we have two of the midwest crates. I love them because they fold up to suitcase size. I think we got the medium size. Its a little big for the girls, but they are usually in them for around 7 hours a day, so they do have room to move around.
You can also check out the internet and sometimes they have better prices on them.
We only throw old blankets in them now. We tried the nice mat inside when they were younger and it got chewed to threads... They will be turning a year old in another month so maybe we'll try the mat again?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The first crate I bought was great when Maggie was a baby but I wasn't thinking about later. We had to buy a second larger one when she got a little bigger and I realized how crowded she was getting. I think there are some with a removeable divider so you can make it smaller when they are young and enlarge it later.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We have a large crate, which did have a dividing piece. As we have 2 beagles they need the whole area.This we use when in our car. It was bought for our first beagle for when she was left with friends. We also have a smaller one for the camper-car, but they are only in that whilst we are going along. This the small one:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts