Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Georgia just started licking herself last night--where she pees from. (sorry, I am not sure what that part of dog anatomy is called)
she even growled at me when I tried to get a closer look.
We're getting a bunch of snow, I have to get to work, and we were leaving for the weekend. timing is everything...
help!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Things always happen at the worst times don't they. Maybe she has a urinary tract infection. Do you have time to see the vet before you leave? My vet is really good about getting me in for stuff like this.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to snag a teeny sample of urine and I am taking it to the vet. She looks red and swollen to me. and she growled and snapped at me when I tried to touch her....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just wondering what you found out about Georgia... sounds like her privates were not feeling good anyhow!
Betty just got fixed this week so I am "trying" to keep an eye on her and all of her parts, as much as she will let me!
Judi

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, she did not have a UTI--but her PH level of her urine is 7.5, and it should be a 6. She has pills to take, and we need to investigate her dog food. She has been on Science Diet.
But she was licking because she has sores inside her vagina, in the folds--the vet said she is overweight. He gave us some ointment.
But overweight?? she weighs 29 lbs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
He is very much a cow doctor, but the weather was bad, and I had to take her to the local vet.

So we need her to lose some weight, and change her food, so her PH balances out. Any food ideas??
It's just so hard to exercise her right now--everything is snow-covered. Our back yard is 3 feet deep! Except for where we shovel, so they can potty.
Anyway she is doing better...thanks for the advice!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted a recent picture of her in large photo forum, under deep snow in Iowa. I don't think she's overweight!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hi, I answered your question on the large photo section (about Georgia being fat, which I don't think she is).
About the food, if she like science diet, don't change it, but within the brand you can give her the weight watch formula :thumbup: .

Sending belly rubs to Georgia... feel better soon /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts