Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please say some prayers for Genie's Shiloh. She's not feeling well at all, hasn't eaten for a couple of days, and doesn't show much interest in anything. Genie's taking her to the vet this morning and would appreciate prayers and good thoughts. Here's the message I received this morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Sandy,
I'm writing to ask you to please say a little prayer for Miss Shiloh today. She is really not well. Except for 2 spoonfuls of cat food yesterday morning that I slipped her meds in, she basically hasn't eaten since Friday. Or had a bowel movement. (Which I guess stands to reason.) She refuses her favorite treats, and didn't even come into the kitchen for Christmas dinner (which we had Saturday) to assume the position) by my chair! I was finally able with Chris' help to force the antibiotic down her last night, and did the same with her cushings pill this morning. But the antibiotic is so huge, and she looked so sad after the dose of Trilostane (cushings med), like she was saying, Why are you doing this to me Mommy?' I just didn't have the heart to force the large antibiotic capsule down . When I took her outside this morning, she walked around, sniffing, tail up and waving, she said down at one point and just watched the neighborhood for a few minutes, so I thought she was feeling better, but when we came in, again, no interest in food. And almost as alarming as that, at least to me, is that when I went into the den a few minutes ago to check on her, she had gotten down off her sofa and gone to lie on her bed under the piano. This from a dog who will stand and bark at Dorothy to say, Move! That's my sofa!

I called my vet first thing this morning, and thank heavens he is able to see her at 9:40. So hopefully we'll find out what's going on with her soon. And I'll let you know as soon as I find out anything. I'd write our BW friends to tell them what's going on, but don't really have the time right now that it takes for me to get there.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Thank you, everyone. My precious Shiloh has been diagnosed with TCC--bladder cancer. We have started her on a medication that the vet is hopeful will shrink the tumor--he was alarmed at the size of it when he did an ultra sound earlier today, and is quite worried. As we all are. She is still not eating, had a lot of diarrhea after she got home from the vet--which I'm hoping was effects of the anesthesia--and still has blood in her urine. We should know by the end of the week whether the medication is working, and if so, will buy us a little more time with her. The vet says that if the med doesn't work, things will start to go downhill for her pretty quickly.

I am just heartbroken. I can't imagine life without my sweet girl.

I appreciate everyone's prayers and support.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, Miss Genie -- you know that my prayers are with you and dear Shiloh. Maggie sends a hug, from one senior to another!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm so sorry Genie. I'll keep you and Shiloh in my prayers. Jersey and I send you some long distance hugs and kissess.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
This is so sad. It is so hard to watch our loved ones hurting. I have sent some special wishes and prayers for you Genie and Miss Shiloh. Give her lots of love and we'll all pray for the medications to help her live on for as long as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Genie,

When I periodically come on BW, it saddens me to hear of illness or accident with our beloved four-legged family members, but especially so when it's a faithful long-time member.

My heart and prayers are with you, and will continue to be throughout your journey with her illness. Love, hugs and prayers.......and I will continue to check up on dear Shiloh.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Oh Genie I'm so sad to hear this news. I think of my Senior, Daisy and my heart hurts for you and Shiloh. Prayers for you both coming your way.

Kisses from me and Daisy

Monica and Daisy

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not Genie, but I'll pass on what I know. Genie, her DH, and Miss Shiloh are now at their winter home in Alabama. Shiloh made the trip without any problems, and seems to be settled into the new home. Genie says that there are quite a few pee accidents, and that the vet feels they're because of the tumor in Shiloh's bladder.

Since Genie doesn't have a computer at the moment, and is using the library for her email, etc., I don't know when she might get to BW. If I learn of new developments, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts