Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I don't post often, but I do read every day. Just thought I would give an update on Daisy the Devil Dog.

> I have finally found a temporary fence system that works. She has not gotten out since. YAY!!

> She is getting slightly more affectionate, and will kiss me sometimes. Another YAY!

> She looks to me for protection. When we are at the dog park and things are potentially getting dicey, she puts her paws on my leg to pick her up.

> She is protective of my 14.5 year old AND my 7 month old dogs. My 7 month old gets nutzo and bothers the old dog. Daisy barks loudly at her. At the dog park, if a dog is getting too rough with the 7 month old, Daisy steps in and barks loudly. I'm pretty amazed at both of those things.

She still doesn't listen if she is on a scent and would escape in a heartbeat given the opportunity, but overall she is a pretty ok dog, and very cute. I look forward to more improvements from this hellion that I tried to give back but the rescue wouldn't take!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hey thanks for the update. I love to hear about the progress or regression in the doggies that lighten our lives. Someday you will wonder why you ever tried to give her back to the rescue.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yep you'll be glad they wouldn't take her. Keep at it she will get better

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Thanks for the update! I think about Daisy often and am so glad you've found a solution to the fence problem. And the affection she's starting to bestow on you is an added bonus...woohoo!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think it's a great update!! Daisy behaves like most Beagles I know (especially not listening when on a scent).
But, I have to scold you about one thing: What is an update without a picture?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I enjoy the update, too! Daisy was really driving you crazy at about the same time Lucky was really driving me crazy, so I really sympathized with you!! It's so great to hear how she is coming around!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What a great update. I'm happy to hear that Daisy is finally settling down. What was the fencing solution?

Jersey was a terribly bad puppy. I remember several times during the first few weeks we had her that I considered giving her back. Mike said no way and wouldn't let me. Thank God he was so persistent. I don't know what I would do without her now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will post pictures of Daisy and the fence solution later

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I'm so glad Daisy had made such great progress! I remember the problems you had with her. I could relate so well because Duke had many of the same issues, but, like Daisy, he is growing into quite the well mannered young man (ok, maybe well-mannered is a bit far fetched, but SO much better than the first year!).

It sounds like Daisy has found her spot and I am happy for you both. And yes, the cuteness of beagles does tend to save their butts a lot when they are young. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts