Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning Bazel got into the garbage bin , I think one of the kids must have left it open. The children came running in to tell me Bazel had taken off with a chicken carcass and wouldn't drop it [ I wonder why ]. Well I got him and got as much of the carcass out of his mouth as possible with him growling and his hair sticking up. Very unimpressed with Mom. We had roast chicken the other night and this was the left overs. He did swallow some and must have got some bones , we have been watching him but he seems ok. My husband says with it being just the body carcass without the wing or leg bones it should be alright.
Naughty naughty Beagle. Bazel adores chicken , loves it to pieces, he probably thought he was in heaven when he got it.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
It must be frustrating for a beagle to see such tasty food. Hope Bazel is o.k.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it must be frustrating. Bazel is fine thank you .

·
Registered
889 Posts
Our two got into the garbage several times before we gave up and bought a new beagle proof trash can.
One of the times they got into our old one, they managed to down an entire plates worth of riblet bones. Glad to hear Bazel is ok though!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
After Maggie got chicken bones out of garbage pail under the sink, I just decided all bones go right outside to the garbage. I don't ever want to worry about it again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
that surprises me that your dog would growl at you when you try to take it away. my dogs would never do that. there isn't anything they wouldn't drop if i told them to, although there has been a couple times where they tried to eat stuff fast enough to get away before i caught them.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Bazel! You and Cobi need to have a talk about the effects of Chicken bones on puppies stomachs and intestines. Watch how he poo's these next couple of days...if he doesn't have him checked out. Cobi just ate some chicken bones and they calcified in his intestines, we had to have surgery, which wasn't pretty. Although he still loves chicken, it's off the bone...and the bones go outside immediately. Those beagles, if it's not one thing it's another. They certainly do keep life interesting.

Cathy,
Cobi and Casie's nutty mother.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Haha. Bad boy, Bazel! I'm sure he loved it, though. I know mine would. I'm glad he's ok!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally Posted By: Crazy DaisyOur two got into the garbage several times before we gave up and bought a new beagle proof trash can.
One of the times they got into our old one, they managed to down an entire plates worth of riblet bones. Glad to hear Bazel is ok though!
Thank you . I will have to do that with the bones from now on. Though he hasn't really gotten into the bin much I really think the kids left it open.
Originally Posted By: jassyAfter Maggie got chicken bones out of garbage pail under the sink, I just decided all bones go right outside to the garbage. I don't ever want to worry about it again.
Thanks
Originally Posted By: Star Wars BeagleYI! *shudders* Glad he's okay. This is why whenever we have chicken I insist on dumping the trash can-whether its' full or not.
You all have the same idea , will have to do that. We had a cat when I was growing up who used to get the chicken out of the incenerator we put the them him, we could tell because of his black face.
Originally Posted By: cheezyridrthat surprises me that your dog would growl at you when you try to take it away. my dogs would never do that. there isn't anything they wouldn't drop if i told them to, although there has been a couple times where they tried to eat stuff fast enough to get away before i caught them.
No he did growl and was trying to eat it very fast, it wasn't a loud growl more like a displeased complaint.
Originally Posted By: cobismomBazel! You and Cobi need to have a talk about the effects of Chicken bones on puppies stomachs and intestines. Watch how he poo's these next couple of days...if he doesn't have him checked out. Cobi just ate some chicken bones and they calcified in his intestines, we had to have surgery, which wasn't pretty. Although he still loves chicken, it's off the bone...and the bones go outside immediately. Those beagles, if it's not one thing it's another. They certainly do keep life interesting.

Cathy,
Cobi and Casie's nutty mother.
Oh that's scary I will do that, he is fine though snoring away at my feet here.
Originally Posted By: VickiHaha. Bad boy, Bazel! I'm sure he loved it, though. I know mine would. I'm glad he's ok!
Thank you , yes he sure loved it.
Originally Posted By: Sephlyhahahaa! he probably thought it was the best thing ever.
My word he did.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Eeeep! I would die! After I knew that my dog was okay, I would be upset that the fact she was growling at me. I think being able to take food from your dog or anything is important and they should not growl, bite, ect, because we all know its for their safety.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have to put ours outside just so I can take the chicken carcass out of the pan and get it into the trash without one of them jumping mid air and swiping it from my hands

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally Posted By: CocoLocoNaughty Bazel
...i am glad that he is okay.
Thank you.
Originally Posted By: AmberEeeep! I would die! After I knew that my dog was okay, I would be upset that the fact she was growling at me. I think being able to take food from your dog or anything is important and they should not growl, bite, ect, because we all know its for their safety.
Thanks Amber . I guess he wasn't impressed I don't believe he would bite but he does have a bit of attitude at times. We are the boss though.

Originally Posted By: Beagle MomI have to put ours outside just so I can take the chicken carcass out of the pan and get it into the trash without one of them jumping mid air and swiping it from my hands
That's funny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts