Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just joined the forum last night after spending two days reading posts and looking at all the adorable photos. I'm going to be a mommy to a beagle near the middle of April. I'm getting my baby from a breeder near me...the puppies were born on February 21st and once they are five weeks old, I will get to pick my baby out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I'm so excited!

Nick (my fiance) and I just bought our first home last summer and now that we are situated, we are looking to add to our family. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif At my parents' house we had a mutt who is now about 16 years young. I miss having her at my feet all the time. This is the longest I've been without some sort of furry creature in my entire life! Nick's sister had an iguana that roamed the house freely, so this will be his first furbaby, but he's just as excited as me.

So while we are waiting to bring home our baby, we are going to be relying on the forum to provide us with our daily dose of beagle. When I go pick out the puppy, I promise to take pictures to share. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif And you can bet I'll have hundreds to share when we bring him home...I love to take photos.

Anyway...thanks for adding me to your group!

Angi

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to the group. I am sure the next few weeks will seem long to you. Can't wait to hear more about your new baby.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome. We look forward to all the pictures you can manage.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Welcome Angi! I'm new here as well...we brought our little Maggie home two weeks ago! Those weeks of waiting were definitely the hardest, but hang in there and you'll have your own new little furbaby before you know it!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif to BW! Looking forward to your pics and, if you want any help in picking out a name, we are more than willing.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the pack! We love pictures here so puppy pics are a must. Beagle pups are a handful so if you need any advice please ask. These next few weeks will seem like such a long time to wait but hang in there, it will be worth it!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. Youve come to the right place if you like posting photos, we all adore them. Maybe take a pic of the litter when you go to choose one?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When we talked to the breeder, she said to bring our camera because most people like to take pictures of their new baby when they pick it out. She doesn't know what she is getting herself into with that comment...lol. I obsess over photos! And if I can't see him for another three weeks, I will be getting by on pictures alone...so there will be many. We pick him out the last week of this month...so not too much longer to go...but then we don't get him until he's 8 weeks...the middle of April. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

·
Registered
702 Posts
So very happy to have you join our pack!! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby. My Daisy is eight years old (we got her at five and a half) so not much advice here about pups.

But there are lots and lots of others with loads of advice for you to tap into. Good Luck!!

Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif So glad you have you here. I'm Glenda and am owned by ten beagles - with a new litter on the way due mid-April. My "furkids" range from 7 1/2 down to 10 months - and all are beloved pets. I do have a little puppy experience /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yay.gif and love puppies - can't wait to see pictures of your new baby! Again, welcome to the group!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wwooohooo you are in for fun with a new little beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif How many/sexes were in the litter ?
well, Can't wait for pics, just like everyone else! Hopefully none of the stories and everything scare you away--beagles are definitely smart and in my opinion very human-like.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Welcome! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Judi

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally Posted By: jdetmeringHow many/sexes were in the litter ?
Seven pups total...five being male and two female. Some of the boys are tri-colored and the others are red (?).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts