Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how long do you think it will take until Chloe's coat will grow back? I just can stand the wait... Couldn't they just shave a little circle? they had to go for the entire belly (and a little on the sides)? :grr:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since Li'l Girl's last surgery was on her flank, it took a couple of months for all her fur to grow back, since there's more than one layer there. Can't remember how long it takes for the hair on the tummy to grow back. Will find out soon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
96 Posts
Myra got the extra large shave job for her surgery as well. It was about 2 months before it was hard to see the line, after about 3 months it was completely filled in. It was during the summer, so that may have slowed things down a bit. We have her on a high protein diet so her fur is very slow to fall out, this may have also played a role in making it easier to spot the shave line for so long.

For comparison, here is a shot taken about 6 weeks after her surgery: http://meden.us/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1660

There is fur filled in, but its not yet as thick as the existing hair. Here is a shot about 10 weeks after surgery:

http://meden.us/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1025

The line is pretty much gone from photographs, you can only see it on careful inspection.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been a couple of years now, but I want to say it took 2-3 months before the fur on Jersey's belly was back in full.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beasley's fur has started to grow back some. She had the full belly shave as well. Right now it's just a very fine layer of hair that's coming in...but overall, she's still pretty bald down here (2 weeks since surgery).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Summer's back still shows where she was shaved. Its growing back... slowly. She is REALLY itchy as of late, and I am the only one who can scratch to her satisfaction (according to my wife).

On the other hand... Poor Murphy! Due to the leukemia, the drugs he takes and his age, you can still see where they shaved his belly for the ultasound they did in January 2006. He has a bald spot on his hip from a bone aspirate the Oncologist did months ago. That will most likely never grow back.

Be thankful their fur does grow back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts