Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a strange call today, from a vet in new york
he said " i'm from such and such veterinary clinic we have your dog".
i said, no you don't, and he said yes we do. it's a beagle mix, all black" and i said, sounds like mine, but it's not. he say's "we scanned the chip, it's your dog" i said look buddy, my dog is fast, but she aint that fast. i put her in the crate 2 hours ago and came to work. by now my son is there playing with her.. she can't drive, and she hasn't got any money. my dog is at home in delaware.

after a while i convinced him that there must be some mix up with the chip, and he hung up. i laughed and continued working. then i thought about it a little and realized... somebody is missing their awesome puppy dog. it bums me out. i'm going to call the chip company, and the adoption place, and see if i can help get this straightened out. if i can, i will post a happy ending.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My rescue dog's default info is the organization where we got her from. It's their policy. They want to know if the dog goes missing. They of course have my info as her owner. I wonder if there was some mix up with the rescue. Did they chip yours? You are correct though someones dog is missing. :( Hopefully there is a good outcome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i called the chip people (petwatch) and explained to them it is not my dog.
i also confirmed the chip number i have as being correct. however, that is also the number that they have. i can only guess that all the pups from that litter got sequential numbers, and they copied that one wrong?
i emailed the shelter where i got my dogs, they don't publish a phone #. i have not heard back from them yet.

still keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far, no response from the shelter where the dog came from. i'm disappointed that they don't seem to care. i guess all those questions on the form i filled out to adopt my dogs was just for show?.

i'm glad my dogs are ok, and with me. who knows how things might have turned out for them otherwise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts