Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been through so many challenges keeping Daisy in the yard over the past year and a half. I finally thought I'd solved it with some inexpensive adjustments to the fence, but damn if she didn't get out again tonight.

As usual, I got in the car and drove to the area where she typically ends up. I spotted her pretty quickly this time, and when I called her, she came! She was hesitant, because she knew she had done a bad thing getting out, and gets in trouble when she's caught. (Not hit, just told she is bad and ignored for awhile.)

But....it's COLD out. Daisy HATES the cold. I was laughing at her because she NEVER comes to me when she's gotten out, but apparently realized that her only hope of getting warm ASAP was to listen.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Those silly Beagles of ours. Vinny got away from me once and stayed gone for several hours. He went into an abandoned orange grove behind the house. I was in the garage, when he poked his head around the corner. I don't know if he was just glad to be home, scared from his adventure or what, but he has never tried to wonder since. In fact unless he is on a leash, he is afraid to go in the garage. Weird. Glad to hear Daisy is safe.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm glad you were able to find her so quickly and that she listened when called. I sure wish I could get Maya to listen when I call her. She totally ignores me like she wants to be the one in control all the time and with me having that same personality trait...we butt heads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts