Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
funny and sad true story

This is funny now that I know my son's friend will be ok.... and sad.

Molly (cat) is always catching chipmunks for Lilley to play with until they are dead. Well Molly came out of the woods with something in her mouth, she was so proud when I said what does Molly have she came and dropped it at my feet. Well it was outside of the electric fence border so Lilley couldnt get it. My son and his friend wanted to poke it with sticks....boys! I said no to leave it alone, they were about 50 feet from it. It started flopping around, it tried to get up and Molly got it again and again, well it wouldnt die. I called for my husband to put it down. During this time the chipmunk got up again but this time flew across the yard and attached itself to my son's friend's leg. He is running around screaming, I'm screaming, it was like something you would see on National Lampoons. It did bite him. My husband shot the chipmunk, we called animal control and thank god chipmunks dont carry rabies. The boy is ok and the chipmunk had to die. The only reason I'm saying this is funny...in case this post offends someone, is I have never seen a chipmunk fly like this. He literally flew across the yard, it was an unbelievalbe sight. And for my denfese in case someone trashes me, animals are hunters, I couldnt do anything to save this chipmunk once the cat had already got to it. I've saved many little animals from my dogs and cats this one I couldnt!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: funny and sad true story

Yes it was definately a chipmunk. I'm having the worst luck with them lately, since this happend I ran over two. One fell from a tree and one ran under my truck. Those things are haunting me now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.