Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
funny and sad true story

This is funny now that I know my son's friend will be ok.... and sad.

Molly (cat) is always catching chipmunks for Lilley to play with until they are dead. Well Molly came out of the woods with something in her mouth, she was so proud when I said what does Molly have she came and dropped it at my feet. Well it was outside of the electric fence border so Lilley couldnt get it. My son and his friend wanted to poke it with sticks....boys! I said no to leave it alone, they were about 50 feet from it. It started flopping around, it tried to get up and Molly got it again and again, well it wouldnt die. I called for my husband to put it down. During this time the chipmunk got up again but this time flew across the yard and attached itself to my son's friend's leg. He is running around screaming, I'm screaming, it was like something you would see on National Lampoons. It did bite him. My husband shot the chipmunk, we called animal control and thank god chipmunks dont carry rabies. The boy is ok and the chipmunk had to die. The only reason I'm saying this is funny...in case this post offends someone, is I have never seen a chipmunk fly like this. He literally flew across the yard, it was an unbelievalbe sight. And for my denfese in case someone trashes me, animals are hunters, I couldnt do anything to save this chipmunk once the cat had already got to it. I've saved many little animals from my dogs and cats this one I couldnt!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Re: funny and sad true story

Oh my goodness, that must have been quite a sight! I have always been afraid some creature was going to do that to me! If you've seen the movie The Money Pit you will recall the scene with the racoon and Shelly Long! Well, my sis-in-law was going to put her trash out one night and a racoon jumped out at her!

I too would be screaming.

Glad your son's friend is ok though!

·
Registered
88 Posts

We had something somewhat similar happen several months ago. A squirrel came into the porch through the doggie door. Diggity and Dotty were all over the place and that squirrel was just a blur. I've seen them run before but this was incredible! The walls of the room are storm windows up against each other and this squirrel was able to grab onto where they met and climb up them! So I understand the flying chimpmunk image!

·
Registered
421 Posts

hahaha that's too funny!

i used to know this guy who came home from work everyday, and fed a certain squirrel outside of his house. every day, a little closer to the door. one day he gets the squirrel on the stoop, and decides to take a picture. when the flash went off, the squirrel ran inside the house, and pandemonium ensued. it looked like a griswold family christmas!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Reminds me of a lesson well learned when I was about 4 years old. I chased this red racer across a field to my delight and I'm sure the poor snake's annoyance. When we got to the fence at the other side I stopped, the snake stopped, I got nervous, the snake saw weakness, the snqake chased me back across the field to the endless delight of my parents! Lesson, is when backed into a corner, a harmless critter may not be so harmless!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

You said it flew. If it really flew or glided, it may have been a flying squirrel. If by flew you meant ran really fast, you would too if you were being hunted.

No worries. I understand a beagles nature. (and a cat's too).

Side note about a dogs nature:
Its funny, kids always come up and ask one of two questions.

Can I pet your dogs?
The answer is always <span style="font-weight: bold">Yes</span>.

Do your dogs bite?
My answer (which gets their attention):
<span style="font-weight: bold">ALL DOGS BITE! Mine are just less likely too.</span>
--------------------------
From the movie The Pink Panther:

<span style="font-style: italic">Inspector Clouseau enters a hotel and sees a dog at the feet of an old hotel clerk</span>

Inspector Clouseau (to old hotel clerk):
<span style="font-weight: bold">Excuse me... Does your dog bite?</span>

Hotel Clerk:
<span style="font-weight: bold">No... My dog does not bite.</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Inspector Clouseau reaches down to pet the dog, it growls and bites him on the hand.</span>

Inspector Clouseau (looking shocked):
<span style="font-weight: bold">I thought you said your dog does not bite?</span>

Hotel Clerk:
<span style="font-weight: bold">That is not my dog!</span>

·
Registered
511 Posts

Why do I hear Ray Stevens' The Mississippi Squirrel Revival in my head?

The day the squirrel went berserk....

·
Registered
80 Posts

LMAO! That reminds of one time my RIP Dane LucyLu was chasing a rabbit around my backyard and Lucas, one of my current danes was chasing it also. The rabbit must have got confused and turned around mid run and jumped up in the air over top of LucyLu and Lucas snagged it mid air. My husband and I said that the rabbit must have wanted to commit suicide for it to do that. It was the craziest thing we ever saw. Usually the rabbits just sneak back under the fence, this one never made it back to the fence.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yes it was definately a chipmunk. I'm having the worst luck with them lately, since this happend I ran over two. One fell from a tree and one ran under my truck. Those things are haunting me now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.