Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lola, at 6 months, is a sweet girl. Perhaps the nicest puppy I've ever seen. She even walks alongside us and tries to keep out pace...unlike Luigi, who is a tugger. She plays with Luigi, and actually puts him him in his place (not easily though, he's very stubborn.)

So, she's perfect, save for one issue: Peeing. It's wierd, with Luigi, he went every 5 minutes when we got him (Yeah, he was 2 months younger, but still...)But Lola...she holds it for as long as she can, then just lets it all out wherever she is. Now, this is day 3, but still, holding till her bladder explodes won't even give her a chance to look at the door or us...We take her out constantly, to no effect. She just holds it until the last possible moment then floods the carpet. Any suggestions to help fix this? (other than the usual patience, she's a puppy, etc)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congrats on giving Lola a new home! She is probably still trying to figure out what is going on and getting used to everything. The two things I could advise would be to carry her outside if you catch her in the act and praise her lots when she goes outside. If she pees when you are not around, you may want to try some training pads next to the door to go outside.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love her name!! At that age they still don't have full control of their body so she may not even know she has to go until that last minute.

When you take her out are you using a phrase like go potty? Also anytime we were putting the leash on to take him out we would say go outside. If you do catch her in the act, I would start saying outside - go potty scoop her up and take her out. As long as she does some kind of business outside, give her a treat immediately and LOTS of praise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts