Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some fun things you do to play and entertain your beagle? I'm trying to teach Remy how to play fetch but that's not going too well. Also I have to be very careful about getting him over excited. Once he's on a roll he likes to bite.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Rocky is not much of a playing type, he will chase a ball a few times and he will play tug of war for a few minutes but he is just more laid back and contempt with being left alone to chew on his toy rather than play with them. Daisy on the other hand is a ball of energy, she will tug of war, chase a ball, then try to get the ball from me when I play one man keep away, we will grab right above her tail and say Getcha and she will usually take off running as fast as she can with her butt tucked down (which usually leads to her attacking Rocky). She also gets really excited if we pick her up and toss her on the bed...she really likes that kind of stuff. We also run around and she will chase us around the house...if she starts to get too far behind she will cry at us

·
Registered
276 Posts
oh yeah...hide and go sniff out is a fun one too

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky and I love to play fetch whether in the house or in the backyard. He knew fetch before I even taught him. He is pretty good at catching the ball too. We are working on him catching the frisbee. Lucky loves fetch so much that he will run back and forth in the backyard chasing the balls out there and throwing them in the air himself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cooper loves to play fetch, until chewing the toy becomes more fun.
He usually lasts for a few minutes. His favorite thing to do is tug, he loves a good tugging war.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe is a fetch dog too. She loves it. She also likes to fight with me, when I chase her, and she hides, or surprises me with barking from under the bed. It's pretty easy to get her excited. But the good thing is that once I stop playing, she relaxes and goes back to curling up next to me

I just love that little red-head Beagle

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had to teach diesel to fetch too... i used a rope at first... i would play tug with him and once i got it from him i would throw it. and by that time he wanted the rope to play tug again so he would go get it and bring it back.. after a while we graduated to a ball.

but diesel loves fetch, tug, and he playes chase with me all the time. i do the same thing as rocky d. say im gonna get ya. and he takes off running. around in circles he goes

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We play fetch and tug. Mike will wrestle with Jersey and play chase with her. Sometimes I'll take her out on her long 30 ft. leash and chase her around in the yard behind our building.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock used to love to chase and be chased when he was little. That's how a former roommate broke her foot - chasing him around in sock feet on our linoleum floors. Be careful when you play with your pups that you don't hurt yourself!
Spock was decent about fetch when he was little and seemed to enjoy it, but he hasn't really played it since Bones joined us. Their favorite game is to chase one another and steal the other dog's toy. We also like to play peek-a-boo with the bedclothes. We kind of sneak up behind Spock and grab the fur on his back, which makes him turn around with his hackles up and his little teeth playfully bared, and this usually results in instant zoomies. And then there's always letting Spock snap at the dust buster.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Menolly ADORES her tennis balls. She'll chase them for hours at a time. She rarely retreives but we love chasing each other around the yard. Lately she's taken to de-stuffing her toys. :O Oh, well. At least those were free!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Baxter likes to chase all of his toys. He just rarely retrieves. He likes to play tug with his ropes.
One funny game we have is when I have music on we dance and Baxter gets wild running around jumping on the sofas then jumping off the arms, in an attack pose (head down bum in air) with tail wagging wildly, arooing at us..pretty humorous.

One of Baxters favorite games it when I put a glowstick in an empty water/pop bottle (at night) and throw it around. He goes crazy trying to get the light..LOL

With Baxter too, we have to watch how wild he gets, because then he starts to bite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts