Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Diggity had her first snow the other day and she was snapping at the flakes as they fell. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Then everytime we took her out to potty she would spend the first few minutes eating mouthfulls of snow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Also, we gave her some pig ears (the dried, pre-packaged ones) and she went through those pretty fast. So today we gave her some more that we found in a bigger, cheaper bag. She really studied the first one, took it, and headed for the back door. She then scratched at the door, which she's never done before, so I let her out to see what she would do. She wandered around our closed porch behind and under chairs and then scratched at that door! So again I let her out. She went under the deck and by the time I went back in and got my coat to go outside and see what she was up to, she was covering it up with the dirt she dug out! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I've never had a dog that actually buried things. I wonder what was going through her mind...
We gave her another one when she came inside but she just ate it this time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Yes, one can never really know what goes on in their heads, it is very typical to dash about and bury something only to go and dig it up a short time later and eat it. Of course Diggity has now learnt that if she buries one she gets another to eat straight away and can eat the first one later /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think it is so cute to watch them bury their treasure. And just as cute when they dig it out. :heart:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rhett enjoys to hide his pig ears as well, the problem is when he digs then out and they become re hydrated, Not the prettiest site in the world lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue isn't digging outside (yet), but he has buried his bones in the carpet, recliner, arm of the sofa, Dad's stomach!! :biglaugh: So far he hasn't done any damage, but he sure thinks he has found the best hiding spots. My favorite is when it just laying in the open and we hand it to him. He looks at us like, HEY.

Greg did a good one the other day and walked up to one of the bones on all fours. He sniffed first and then pretended to dig the bone up. I looked up just in time to see Dad with a big rawhide in his mouth and a beagle jumping up to take it back!!! If only the camera had been where I was sitting!!

G

·
Chase is digging holes but not buring anything just yet. My other dog buries his bones I think it's so adorable when they dig!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Chip and Cobi are like night and day in the winter....Chip has very thick fur, and a thicker lower layer, so if I let him, he would stay out in the coldest days just to sit and watch everything go by. But Cobi, is a weenie, and it's three steps from the door to the grass and back again. He hates the snow and cold, but loves the mud in the summer.

Cathy

·
Registered
509 Posts
lol

Glover digs his bones each time and then digs them up later, although when I give him chicken he eats that straight away, too good to waste!

its so cute seeing him walk around with a newly dug up (very discusting) bone looking soooo proud.

funny things

xx
K

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She's doing it more and more now. I love watching her as she tries to decide where a good spot is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif You can almost hear her think "this looks good...no. Maybe over here..." She even gave the laundry pile a thorough check before finding "the perfect spot." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts