Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a beagle problem, but kind of not...

ever since we got Monty, him and our cat, Milo, have been having issues. They seem to get along, they sleep together on the couch, and play fight...but ever since Monty came, Milo has started peeing everywhere!! Cat urine is so much harder to get out then dog, so we are now replacing our carpet AND resanding and restaining the hardwood floors. You can imagine how much that's going to cost!! So now, I have to find out how to stop it, so that he doesn't wreck our new floors...any ideas?? It's not a health issue, think it's territorial. Milo is 2 years old, and both Monty and Milo are male. Suggestions???!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Is he spraying to mark territory or is it urine? If he is spraying, my friend had good luck with one of those plug-ins that help calm the cat down. It goes into an electical outlet in the area the cat spends the most time.The product is called Feliaway and can be bought at Petsmart here. If the issue is urine, I would start with a good exam. Sometimes that is the first symptom of thyroid, diabetes or other illness

·
Registered
18 Posts
Start with a visit to the vet. Loss of bladder control in a male cat can be the first symptom of a serious, and possibly fatal problem. It could also be territorial as well. If so, the vet might be able to medicate. Good Luck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Our cat did the same thing when we got a second beag. We tried everything, and eventually she had to go outside (we have a big backyard she rarely ventures out of). The vet said sometimes there's no solving it once a cat starts this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts