Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im babysitting my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter for 2 weeks since her preschool is on break and parents work. She doesnt want to play with Cassie since shes afraid of her. Cassie is all wiggles and sniffing but very gentle. Now this is weird since my daughter's family has a rambunctious dog 3x the size of cassie. Ive tried convincing my granddaughter to take my hand to be with cassie but no...cassie is whining and doesnt get why she cant come in...oh well.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Poor Cassie! I guess take it slow and hopefully your granddaughter gets more confident. Are there fun things they could do together? That would be tempting for your granddaughter?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poor Cassie! I guess take it slow and hopefully your granddaughter gets more confident. Are there fun things they could do together? That would be tempting for your granddaughter?
I thought we made it past this since we had evacuated to their house for 4 days and my granddaughter walked around with her on a leash... will keep trying...

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After 3 days my granddaughter agreed to a short meet and greet outside with Cassie. After some sniffing Cassie went back to lizard searching...lol. progress albeit short.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hey that's something! It's positive for sure. Hopefully Cassie being like 'LIZARDS' made your granddaughter realize that she doesn't need to be scared of her (I'm not expressing myself well, but just that Cassie is more interested in lizards then doing something bad to granddaughter).

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey that's something! It's positive for sure. Hopefully Cassie being like 'LIZARDS' made your granddaughter realize that she doesn't need to be scared of her (I'm not expressing myself well, but just that Cassie is more interested in lizards then doing something bad to granddaughter).
Its funny once Cassie had contact she got bored...but then the 16yr granddaughter came by and Cassie totally went into major excitement....hugs and pets and cassie was satisfied. Its so funny to watch....wait til daddy shows up...expect back flips again...heehee

·
Registered
941 Posts
Aww!!!! Yay, this is great news! Shucks. What made the difference for your granddaughter do you think? Familiarity?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aww!!!! Yay, this is great news! Shucks. What made the difference for your granddaughter do you think? Familiarity?
Well cassie got in the room and sniffed her and was calm and once my granddaughter saw that she was fine. Its not like this was the first meeting. There's been 4yrs of this... i think the ice is finally broken.. yippie. Its crazy since they've had huge dogs in her house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts