Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
My two love bananas. They will also eat tangerines, apples, plums, pears. So far we haven't found anything they dont eat. Grapes are definately out of the question since they can cause liver damage....

Also they like veggies. We found so far everything except lettuce and celery.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
All of ours like fruit and veggies too! Pretty much anything (except grapes) - even lettuce and celery sometimes (preferably with a hint of salad dressing on it)! Sometimes they will get a bit picky but I think it has more to do with texture than taste - like they will eat tomato but if you give them a cherry tomato they might not bite into it and just spit it out possible because it feels weird... And Booker doesn't like her bananas too unripe so they tickle her tongue.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ours love their fruits and veggies!!
A lot of the time Rocky will just play with his for a while but Daisy sucks it up so fast I don't even think she tastes it. LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
Daisy ate some strawberries two nights ago, but would have nothing to do with them last night. I think she was holding out for ice cream

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue eats everything in the way of fruit and veggies (no grapes or tomatoes though). We make a yogurt mix with dates, apples, apricots and bananas with 1 cup of low fat yogurt with active cultures and 1 teaspoon of honey. It is a good snack that we can both eat together.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Casie and Cobi will eat almost anything that we put in our mouths.
They aren't fond of pineapple or seedless grapes, but other than that, I've not found any food, fruit or vegie that they won't try at least once.

Cathy J

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie likes fruit and veggies, everything except oranges. I have been reading How dogs think and the author says dogs dislike a citrus smell so maybe that explains why she just rolls on pieces of orange and won't eat them. Cathy, be careful of grapes. With some dogs it only takes a few grapes to make them very ill.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Mine will also eat almost anything. We have an apple tree in our back yard that I have to make sure I pick up any apples that fall because they eat any that land and get belly aches. They love veggies more than fruit, but will try just about anything. I have a list of '' not allowed '' foods such as grapes, onions, ect... and I try to limit people food but they are beagles hee hee

·
Registered
229 Posts
Haha, mine won't eat the fruits and veggies we've tried. We tried grapes, which I'm now glad that he didn't eat... didn't know about the liver damage. We gave him a banana a couple days ago and it was like he wasn't sure it was food! He took it but kept dropping it and pawing at it. I think he was almost scared b/c he was hopping around it and aroooooing at it most of the time. Haha, silly little boy.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Susi doesnt like fruit but will eat a carrot. Snoopy adores fruit and rounds up the fallen apples- so far no problems with that. He also collects the fallen walnuts, cracks them open and eats the nut.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe would eat anything I do (and more) if I let her. She loves fruit and vegetables, especially apples, carrots, pumpkin (and squash), bananas and broccoli.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
All of mine love fruit - with the exception of oranges - but Lottie will even eat oranges. Others all turn up their beagle noses. They also love veggies. Chloe isn't fond of bananas, but she's a little more picky than some of the others. She'll eat it if she thinks someone else wants it!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ben likes to eat fruits and veggies as well. He will always eat carrots. He will sometimes eat tomatoes and cucumber. He also likes broc, corn and cauli. There are also yams and green beans mixed in with his food. I tried to give him beets and mushrooms. Both of those were a no go. He is not crazy about leafy (lettuce, spinach, etc) vegetables.

He really likes apples and will eat bananas if they are not too ripe (just like his mom). He really likes watermelon (including the rines), dried cranberries and strawberries too (including the stems).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker will eat anything too. He even loves oranges and pineapple. We haven't tried lemon yet. I want to try out a little just to see what happens. We have problems with our asian pear trees when they drop fruit too. Luckily he hasn't figured out how to pick the cherry tomatoes right off the plant. We have to keep a fence around our vegetable garden so he doesn't eat those. He also loves to lie in the garden beds in the spring and fall because they are warm and soft. The only time I have seen him eat lettuce is when he stole my wifes hamburger. He thought it was such a find that he ate everything.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar likes to eat carrots if he's in the right mood. But he loves oranges and pumpkin (canned or fresh). Maybe it's the colour?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally Posted By: SephlyChloe's mom, Broccoli is dangerous in large amounts...not that ur beagle would eat an entire bowl of broccoli but lol just so that you know.
wouldn't want anything to happen to her.
I didn't know that - thanks for posting about it. We tend to hold back giving the hounds broccoli and cauliflower anyway (although they will eat it) for fear of making them (even more) gassy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts