Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I don't know. Our Rottie mix puppy used to lie like that if I'm not mistaken. Jack's still a puppy, right?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Cassie was able to do that as a puppy.
At 8.10 yrs ahe has hip issues so not anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Jack is 6 months old now and he's grown a little taller and a lot longer. His baby teeth have been replaced by his adult teeth so the chewing has slowed down a little bit. I just get such a kick out of the way he lays on the floor when he's chewing on a bone or toy. I'd never seen a dog to that before.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Thank you.. cassie doesnt show her age with any white on her face.
She does get a little stiff at times. Walking it off seems to help.. it comes and goes. She often sits side saddle. It could be a little arthritis. Fortunately she hasn't had any injury. You can see from the picture she isnt sprawled flat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jack is splooting!! Beatrice does that from time to time and my old beagle, Nikki, used to lay like that all the time. We also have a Corgi/Beagle/Australian Shepherd mix that lays like that too. I have always said I have never seen an uncomfortable Beagle...

·
Super Moderator
5,138 Posts
It's very common with beagles, usually when they are super happy. Oliver doesn't do it but Molly (14) still does. I was trying to find a pic but couldn't, I know I have some somewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aw, so cute! I just love watching him when he's all out like that. He does seem happy. Actually he's happy just about all the time. Except when the cat decided to drive him bananas. The cat will sit in front of the back door and just stare at Jack. Of course Jack goes ballistic but can't get to the cat. Cats are ornery!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts