Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished an extra long shift at the hospital tonight. We had 14 cases of poison ingestion - highly unusual. In almost every case, the owners were doing fall cleaning of the garage with beagle babes wandering around. Must be the holiday weekend. Anyway, just a friendly reminder that rat & mouse poison and antifreeze are way too good tasting to our babies. Just a turn of the head and it is gone. Luckily all our cases are going to be fine. So, you might want to beagle proof the garage prior to letting your dog join you. If the unmentionable happens, time is of the element. Call your local 24 hour emergency vet (with packaging info in hand) for instructions and get treatment immediately. Hopefully tomorrow night will be less eventful. Hugs, Julie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Thank you. Good reminder. I just reminded my family that no bathroom, kitchen cleaning chemicals can be left out of cupboards. I will add the outside/garage reminder to that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Thanks for the reminder/advice. It's sad to see how many cases you had in one night. I will hope for a quiet night for you tonight.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top