Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a 10 week old beagle with these symptoms (see quote below). Does anyone have any suggestions for him?

Quote:
I have a 10 week old male pup that is sick, symptoms are every time he eats he acts like its hung in his stomach, and when he passes anything sometimes it's watery and sometimes it a stool. His stomach swells up and he strains to pass anything. I've been to two vets; First one couldn't find anything and the other said liver problems which I don't buy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Mom of 2 Beagles:
Your friend needs to find another vet quick. Maybe your vet? Do you have a good vet you could recommend?
I'd say try another vet too. That sounds quite serious to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there a university associated veterinary hospital in your area? If so call them and get a recommendation of someone to see. Do go to a new vet ASAP.

G

·
Sounds like some type of parasite (worms) but I'm not vet. PLease tell her have him checked out by an professional and let us know how the little fellow is doing later on. Good luck to your friend!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree with everyone else. I'm not a vet either, but it sounds like a blockage to me. Like perhaps the puppy ate something he shouldn't have, and now it's caught in his intestines.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Has anybody xrayed the puppy? It does sound like an obstruction. I also vote for a trip to the vet asap!!!

Denise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts