Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cancer finally overcame her.

The light left her dark brown eyes at 9:25 this morning. It was very peaceful, but hard as hell. Always a lady, she left with dignity and grace.

Coming home there's this huge hole where she used to be.

Now she's running through green fields with the other noble beagles, chasing rabbits, and singing with that beautiful voice of hers. She'll be waiting for us.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.

(Numbers 6:24-26)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey, I'm so sorry to hear about Franny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A hearbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
24 Posts
We are so sorry to hear about your beautiful girl. Yes, I too believe that they wait for us, and someday Franny will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope your memories of Franny bring you some peace during this sorrowful time. Take care - Joyce

When you are ready, here are some lovely poems from "healing our broken hearts" page on the caninecushings site: http://www.caninecushings.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1320

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Writing this through tears ... trying to focus on beautiful Franny at peace again. Please know that we are all with you as you grieve -- please give Molly a special hug from Maggie and I.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My heart aches for you, but remember that you gave Franny a wonderful life. This is one of my favorite pet loss poems.

A Dog for Jesus

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog
As loyal and loving as mine
To sleep by his manger and gaze in His eyes
And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood, his faithful dog
Would have followed Him all through the day
While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
And knelt in the garden to pray.

It is sad to remember that Christ went away
To face death alone and apart
With no tender dog following close behind
To comfort its Master's heart.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent him mine
The old pal so dear to me
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone
Knowing they're in eternity.

Day after day, the whole day through --
Wherever my road inclined --
Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.
~ Kipling ~

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Even knowing she was ill, I find myself heartbroken and unprepared for your sorrowful news.
Words can't express my sympathy for your loss. Your family will remain in my prayers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hugs and prayers you you. She was such a beautiful little girl.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
I feel so sad for your loss. Losing Franny must be so hard, after all you have done to keep her comfortable during her illness. Franny is now at peace and no longer suffering, this is the consolation you get for the deep pain of her loss.
Close your eyes at night and wait for her. She will come visit you soon, in your sleep. She will come to let you know that all is well, to say goodbye until the day you meet again.
All my thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of Franny. The px broke my heart for you. I'm crying tears for you now. Franny is at the bridge waiting, as you said. Sincere vibes and prayers go out to you. Bill, Beth , Thelma and Louise.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the news - I hope you are all doing okay. We're all thinking of you out in Beagle World land... and I'm sure giving our own dogs an extra hug or tummy rub tonight in memory of Franny...

·
Registered
448 Posts
As I sat here shedding tears of joy from from finding my Chopper finally after a long week without him, I find myself shedding tears of sadness seeing your pics of your beautiful Franny. My Chopper is a very regal beagle too and is so dear to my heart in such a short time I have had him.

We are sending our love your way and big beagly puppy kisses too.

Know that even in my happiness I feel your pain and sadness, and dread the day that any of my beags will go to the Rainbow Bridge.

Judi and the gang :angel:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Run free and Godspeed sweet Franny ... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I pray that you find a little comfort knowing that you have a great friend waiting at the bridge for you .....

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} from Sammy and I

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Run free and Godspeed, you do not have to suffer anymore. The poem made me cry. So very sorry for your loss. Run Franny to the Rainbow Bridge, peace and joy awaiting.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Our deepest sympathy comes to you and your family. I know you will cherish your memories of Franny and that she was lucky to "own" you. God's speed dear Franny on your way to Rainbow Bridge. Hugs, Julie

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am so sorry for your lose of Franny Girl! I know she will be missed!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

You will be in our prayers.

Amanda - Badger and Bella

·
Registered
650 Posts
Our condolences to you and your family. Matt, Chloe, Ginger, and Bailey.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts