Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Christmas day someone set a glass of eggnog on the floor. Of course, this usually isn't an issue unless beagles are around. Franny proceded to sneak over and drink the entire glass. She appeared from behind the chair with eggnog dripping off her face. I was like "haha be careful people" until I was told the glass had a full shot of Jack Daniel's in it, and the owner hadn't even taken a sip yet. She's 20lbs, so that's like a 160lb person taking 8 shots in about 20 seconds. Most people wouldn't be functional after that. I wasn't sure how alchohol would affect her so I watched her closely. She smelled like a drunk. Anyway, it didn't even phase her. She didn't sway, just kept being her beagely self. She did go to sleep, but I kept waking her, making her walk around, go outside etc., but saw no effects.

With all the terrible things she's ingested in her life (including chewing up a disposable razor and swallowing pieces of the blades), and showing no ill effects from them most of the time, she truely has a stomach of iron.

You would think family members would learn! All they have to do is shut the door to their room, and not leave food at dog level. But they don't learn, and are surprised when the beags steal stuff from purses, plates, etc. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
345 Posts
One night Fin got into my wine glass and drank the entire thing in about 3 seconds. Well he then preceded to pee every 5 minutes for the nest 3 hours just like clockwork. We even had to lock him in the bathroom for the last hour because he was going all over the house. It was a bad experience, and let's just say I learned my lesson not to leave anything within the beagle's reach.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky won't touch any drink that smells like alcohol or tastes like it either. I'm not sure why. But it's a good thing!

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
All I can say is that Franny has good taste! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Actually, alcohol is not as big as a problem in dogs as it can seem, as long as it happens once. So don't worry about it, and put it on the listy of her long life entertaining achievement....

·
Registered
721 Posts
I once left a good two fingers' worth of Bailey's Irish Cream on the rocks in a glass on the coffee table- the phone rang or something stupid and I got up.

When I returned, Betty was polishing off the glass- hind feet on the couch, front feet on the table, snout in the ice. :rolleyes: Luckily she had no ill effects.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
A friend of mine had a Golden Retriever that loved beer. Sometimes the dog wouldn't come into the house when he was called (they lived out at a lake...no fences etc) so they would stand on the deck and crack open a can of beer. Denver came running!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts