Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I found a beagle puppy I LOVE. But I do have Shadie, my 8 month old Mini Aussie. Shadie and I have a great relationship, she follows me, looks at me as her leader, sleeps with me, waits for me if I'm in the shower or something, etc. She LOVES other dogs though, especially puppies, and I know she would LOVE an addition to our home. I'm worried though that by getting a puppy she'll become more attached to the pup than me, is this a dumb thought? Anyone ever do it? The pup is about the same age as her!
Thanks all you beagle lovers!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We never saw the jealousy issue with Duke when we got Violet, probably because he was used to sharing with Cassie and Roscoe. What did happen was that Violet became much more attached to Duke than us in the beginning. She was still cuddly and lovable to us, but would rather be with Duke than us.

It's been almost 2 months now and things are turning around a bit. Though she is still very attached to Duke, she's realized how attached Duke is to us and now follows us all around the house and plays with us much more than she used to. Things have a way of working themselves out. Like Joe said, make sure Shadie is the alpha and make sure she gets plenty of her own time and love since the pup will take more attention in the beginning.

Congrats on finding a pup!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am happy you found your puppy. Sorry I can't help with your question as I only have Maggie but I will be interested in what other people say as I would like another beagle someday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.