Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't about beagles, but I couldn't figure out where it would go so, here it is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Is there any way that links can be made to stand out in some way? For example, on some sites, a link will be in blue, or underlined so it can be easily seen, instead of just blending in with the rest of the post.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
That has not been a problem for me, but what the average "navigator" expects is the "blue hotlink", but here the tan/brown "link" (sometimes in capital letters) has been enough for the veterans of a site like this to recognize a link! (Hotlinks can come in many colors other than blue)! :cool2:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Murphy's Dad.

NWR, I know that links can come in different colors. Perhaps it's just my browser, but on my computer, the links are still the same color as the text unless you mouse over it. It's not a problem is the link is written out like www.website.com, because it's obvious where the link is.

If the link is embedded in text like it is in this sentence: "I found some information on a website I'd like to share." You wouldn't know where the link was*, or if there even was a link until you moved your cursor throughout the whole post. If the link was tan all the time, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not a huge problem, it would just be nice.

*it's in the word "information"

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Yes, I am one that is use to the blue URLs and it took me a little bit to become accustomed to not seeing that on this site but to know there was still a clik-able URL or link there.

For instance in my siggie have links to Abby's Dogster Page and Toby's Catster page...if you're new to the site since the links don't stand out you may not know that you can click on the words and be taken to their respective pages...that's why I have "click to visit" next to them

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Oh wow that's much better. I have missed loads of links before because I didn't even know they were there :doh:

Thanks Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts