Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows some good places to take dogs on hikes in or around Salt Lake City or in the mountains. Nothing too long or challenging at this time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I can't really answer that question, but just want to mention something about hiking with them. Caelia had to have a surgery due to a foxtail that imbedded into her skin near the urethra. They had taken the dogs up by Bridal Veil falls and were letting them play in the grassy areas. Just want you to be very careful about letting Harley go into areas with lots of weeds and want to advise you to thoroughly check out his body and ears when you get home to check for ticks, foxtails, etc..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do you's keep your beagles on leash at all times in these places? I know you are meant to, but sometimes I'd like to just let Milo run loose but am afraid he'll run and never return. Am I worrying too much?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Originally Posted By: DinozDo you's keep your beagles on leash at all times in these places? I know you are meant to, but sometimes I'd like to just let Milo run loose but am afraid he'll run and never return. Am I worrying too much?
I don't think you are worrying too much. I wouldn't dare let mine off leash in a strange environment. If the truth be known I don't let mine off leash in my front yard. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts