Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
Originally Posted By: beagletailsI need someone local to be a mentor so I can watch and learn at first and then I would love to do it. All my dogs have full AKC registration papers. That is the only way I will purchase them. I am quite certain that my male would do well if I could ever teach him to stand up for an examination. All he does is lays down and flips over so you can rub his belly. lol I know...that is my fault for not actually training my dogs, but he has been that way since we purchased him at 5 weeks.
LOL, getting stand is the hardest part!! I have been trying to get Daisy to stand (for obedience) for months and we suck
its so tricky, she learnt automatic sit for heeling first so she'll stand and then want to sit straight away, lol.

· Registered
385 Posts
This is a pic of our Lemon Beagle

She has very little pigmentation in her nose but the KC Standard allows for this as its natural pigmentation.

We did alot of showing and it takes alot of knowledge as to which judge likes which 'type' of dog as there is alot of 'types' within each breed.

To train a Beagle to stand it is best if you just do a little at a time and make it fun, if you are to strict or train for too long then a beagle will soon get board. Free standing is best oposed to 'stacking' as its more natural and catches the judges eye more if done well.

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you for the information barking mad. Who knows if I will ever get around to being brave enough to try to show any of the dogs. Maybe a few little local shows by the local breeding groups. We will see.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.