Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get a little help/advice from the collective BW wisdom!

We are having a hard time finding a food that works best for Gracie Jones. Not to be indelicate, but her stools are frequently soft and very smelly. She also has the worst gas! :scary:(We are talking gas warfare here!) It's not that I expect my pooch to smell like roses, but about once a month or so we'll feed her rice w/boiled chix (vet recommended after bout w/diarrhea) for a few days and everything is better...firmer stools and much less gas.

Her current kibble is California Natural Chix and Rice for Puppies and then we supplement with homemade sweet potato chews to help firm things up. We have also tried Nutro Natural Choice Puppy and Fromm Gold Holistic Puppy.

She doesn't get table food, and her usual treats are dried liver, cheerios, and wellness wellbites.

Any thoughts/recommendations? Thanks in advance!!

:eek: this post got a little long...sorry!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Roscoe had some tummy issues for the longest time about a year ago and we put him on prescription food b/c nothing seemed to be working. After all checkups and tests were done he was given a clean bill of health. I really didn't want to keep him on prescription food, it was expensive and a pain in the you know what to drive all the way to our vet to get it.

I decided to try Blue Buffalo after some research and talking to others who used it. All three beags love it and, knock on wood, Roscoe has been doing stellar on it! No problems. They get the dry kibble only, Fish & Sweet Potato.

Unfortunately it is trial and error with this sort of thing, just make sure you do it slowly so as not to upset the tummy any more :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RosCole! Blue Buffalo and Innova are the two main options we were thinking about, so it's great to hear an endorsement from someone who went through a similar situation!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts