Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassie started off as a puppy being a very picky eater. Now she seems to have an alarm clock that goes off in her head and belly. She eats in the morning around 7am. Then at 2pm the tantrum begins...she comes to me and gives me the stink eye, paws at me and stomps on my foot. I have tried to ignore her but it only gets her more determined. Of course I've caved and fed her. Then a couple hours later she starts the..."I'm starving" routine again. I decided to divide the second feeding....half early and the rest later. It seems to have stopped the begging since it holds her longer that way.
The things we do...

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
:D :D
We 'hear' you lol. Rascal gets fed 1/3 3X a day. If we put it all down at once she gobbles so fast she chokes and then throws up.
It was really pitiful the day of her surgery we couldn't feed her until she cam home. I doled it out from her toy and fed her again about an hour later.
Rascal has us trained well!
techie

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
lol Autumn does this as well a good hour before feeding time. She has taught Rainey now also. It's all hell breaking loose with the two of them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
:walk: Nebbers and Xerxes are also starved

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new feeding routine seems to be working. Ive also been putting her in the crate while I cook and serve the "humans" dinner since she is all about being near the stove. This too is working well with no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts