Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Daisy is 15 weeks old today. She was off her food over the weekend but I gave her some mashed veg on Sunday to get her to eat something which she loved, my husband thought she was at the door wanting to go out but she went back to her bowl for a scrap of food she had left. As he was about to encourage her out she snapped at him. I then tried touching her and she went for me too. I know the old saying 'never touch a dog who's eating' but I believe that she is bottom of the pack and we should all be able to at least touch her when she is eating.

She was poorly over the weekend so I forgave her that once but she has done it again today.

I have 2 small children and although we tell them not to touch her when she's eating I don't want this resource protecting to carry on to other things.

I have started hand feeding her each meal. Making her sit and wait for each handful.

Has anyone else done this? If so, how long do you suggest we do this type of thing for and any other tips please?

Thanks in advance beagle friends...:scary:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your comments, links and reassurance. I am still hand feeding Daisy and despite her hating it at first, being really stubborn and not wanting to eat from my hand she is now happy to do it!! Will carry on doing this for a while and then go onto taking the bowl away until she is happy to remember she is not 'topdog'!

Thanks again!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.