Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog shiloh will not eat her dog food out of her bowl i have to put her food on a plate before she will eat it does anyone know why???:confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Don't have a clue. She might just be a little scared of it. You could put a few high value treats in the bowl and see if she will eat those and get used to the bowl. Something like apple or bannana always work for us. Green beans are good too.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We recently switched food bowls to a metal one and Bodie gets a little skittish when eating out of it. It's kinda like he's scared and leans way forward to eat out of it. I think it's the reflection. It's gotten better this week and he'll probably adjust to it completely sooner or later. He never acted this way when we used plastic bowls. We just got tired of replacing them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
When we brought Mandy home we had a smaller "crock" style of bowl for Murphy. I picked up a set of stainless steel bowls for Mandy, and neither she nor Murphy would touch the food in them. I "think" it was because their collar tags clanged on the stainless bowls, but didn't make as much noise on the crock style.

We have since replaced the stainless bowls with crocks, and they will eat out of both sets.

Long story short-she may simply not like something about the bowls.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would guess that if you put the food in the dish and they are too afraid of it to eat out of it that once they get hungary enough they will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts