Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
If I am going to be eating on the couch, I usually put Sebastian in a down-stay. He stays there until I am finished, and depending on what I am eating, I take the last bite to his food bowl in the kitchen. Does Molly know the "leave-it" command? That could also be useful...I use it when I have something on the coffee table he is not supposed to have. Otherwise, I would continue to use the kennel during mealtimes. I did that with Sebastian when he was younger, and now that he is 2 and has more training, he is fine when we eat on the couch. Hope that helps!:)

· Registered
156 Posts
LOL, yes there is definitely hope, it just takes some time and effort :) I never thought I would get mine to sit still at first either! Since we spend a lot of time practicing stays in different situations, this is what works best for me. I know some people who have taught their pups to stay in one place (like a dog bed) during meal times using a phrase like "place" or "go to bed" and this works for them. That could be another option for you. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.