Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sorry ... I have never been to that particular park even though it isn't far from my house.

·
Registered
540 Posts
We have not taken Cecil and Brandy there because our reports have been that it has a lot of dirt, I guess like the Al Lopez park. John Chestnut is so clean and well maintained that we just continue to use it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Marti ..... I am happy to report that Al Lopez dog parks have been closed for the past 2 weeks due to resodding of the parks :bounce:

There is now grass rather than dirt. We actually had to move our last 2 adoption events to another park since it was closed. We will be back there on the 10th of March. I can't wait to see it !!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I haven't been to Anderson park recently but I never liked it. It's on a slope and very dirty without a lot of benches...just a very weird set up and not enough grass. Chestnut is so much nicer. Is it the small dog side where the dip is Sherocks? I think it's still there. The daycare where I take Jersey is literally across the street from Anderson. I'll drive by tomorrow after I pick her up and check to see if it's still all dirt.

·
Registered
540 Posts
We really have found that the girls enjoy the big dog side of John Chestnut much better than the small dog side. More space and adventure. We always check, but have really had no problems with the bigger dogs. Cecil and Brandy love the big Bassets that are on that side along with the labs, etc. We watch closely, but more dogs to interact with and so much more space to search...have had not escape type episodes. You might look into that side of the park.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Marti, I do the same thing with Jersey. We often go into the big dog side. Some of the small dogs are just too small and Jersey plays too rough sometimes. She's been much better since she goes to day care. I guess she's learning how to play nicer. :thumbup: Oh, and I forgot to check out Anderson today. I take Jersey to day care again on Monday. I'll check then, I promise!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Glad to hear Al Lopez now has more grass. Hur-rahh for our tax dollars at work.

Breaking news: Polk County is in the process of building their first dog park in Winter Haven. Its about time they got with the program.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Went to Chestnut park this morning- big dog side - for about two hours. Another beagle, Tail Light, was there. They live in Tarpon Springs. I asked about Anderson, and she told me it was horrible and they would not go there at all any more. Anyway, the girls and all the big dogs had fun. I just love dog parks, the dogs and the people. Everyone leaves problems at home and it's all about dogs. And I love watching the girls go up to every person and get petted. Everyone loves beagles...."Oh how cute" and give and get kisses. BEAGLES RULE!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts