Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found another tick on Jersey this week so I called the vet to switch her flea control to one that includes ticks. I settled on one called Vectra 3D (it kills fleas and ticks and repels mosquitos). I put it on her this afternoon and the application spots are still greasy looking. Is this normal? And is it OK for her to sleep on the bed with us tonight or is this stuff going to get all over us and my bed? I've always used a pill for flea control, never a topical one. Sentinel has always been good enough for us, so this is new to me.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That used to happen to my cat when I put her flea medication on her. It is a little messy and greasy for a day or two, and the medication might get on anything Jersey puts her back against - including your hand (bleugh).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use K9Advantix, and it does leave sort of greasy looking spots where it's applied. It fades in a day or so. I haven't noticed it rubbing off on anything, but our dogs don't sleep in our bed so I wouldn't know if it'd rub off on sheets, etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Squeegee uses Frontline which definitely leaves an oily mark on him but he's still aloud on the bed and the couch, etc and I've never seen it get on anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts