Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post a link to the pictures we took of Flash's homecoming. You'll have to excuse me if I looked tired. It was pretty late when I got there to pick him up. He was traveling from Knoxville, TN to Indianapolis, IN. His foster family was coming up to visit family in Indy and took him along so we could pick him up there. We are in NE Indianapolis, so it made it really nice.

The pictures are taken at the home of the parents of Flash's foster family. The last one is taken at our house in his crate. He's pretty tired from his trip yesterday so he's sleeping right now. But, he is an absolute GEM! SO sweet and gentle. Here is the link for the pictures.

http://usera.imagecave.com/nyoung01/Reggie/

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Flash looks like a real sweet boy!! And handsome, too!! Congratulations! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much. I think that he might have a bit of foxhound in him, as he is taller than what I would picture a Beagle/Basset hound being.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I thought a bit of foxhound too when I looked at the pics because his ears are shorter. I don't actually see any Basset in him because his legs are long as well. I think my Sherry is Beagle X Foxhound because she's a good 2 inches taller than Rosa and has shorter ears like Flash.

He's a very handsome chap though and gorgeous colouring.

How old is he?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It just goes to show you that there are good, good dogs waiting in shelters, all over the country and it feels good to be able to save a life. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes it does feel good. Getting a rescue rather than a puppy from a breeder was the best thing I ever did.

Who is Jade, is she the one you are thinking of getting too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, Jade is the dog that my husband found on Petfinder. I think I mentioned her in another thread. She is in a foster home in Southern Indiana. Just talking with both of these foster homes, their personalities seem like they will work very well together. Assuming they get along when they meet, we will be bringing Jade home on May 26th.

She is a Treeing Walker Coonhound. I really don't foresee any problems with them getting along. Both of them LOVE other dogs, LOVE kids and we have the time, space and resources to give a great home to two dogs. So, we're really excited about bringing her home, too.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
How exciting!

Flash has found his little bit of heaven and hopefully Jade will be hot on his heels.

You are right...perfect little (and big) dogs are all over the country in need of homes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing what you have with Flash!

~Denise

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:Originally posted by Jennifer:
I don't actually see any Basset in him because his legs are long as well.
His body is very long. I don't think the pictures really capture just how long his body is.

How is Sherry doing? I just love the way hounds (in all their varieties) look. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
She's doing great thanks. She's not settling very well at night though and woke me up 3 times last night so now I'm really tired but I'm sure she will get into the routine soon. Well I hope so otherwise I'll need matchsticks to keep my eyes open :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome home Flash! Whatever his exact lineage he sure looks good and houndy! I love the big black spot. Enjoy the beginning of your lives together... a new adoption is usually full of trials and tribulations, but is also a wonderful time to look back on later and remember all of the "firsts" you have together.

Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories (of Flash and, hopefully, Jade too - who also looks good and houndy!)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by no1utefan:
It just goes to show you that there are good, good dogs waiting in shelters, all over the country and it feels good to be able to save a life.
That's it in a nutshell, isn't it! Thank you for being the one to save Flash's life -- super congratulations. I bet he and Jade are going to be fast friends!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts