Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out today and went to town on Flash with my shedding blade. I took about 300 tons of fur off. :floor Just kidding - it wasn't that much. Maybe 1 ton at the most. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Anyway, it had to been so itchy for him to carry around that much dead hair. But, it's gone now and he SURVIVED his bath, poor baby. :floor I don't know that he's ever seen a shedding blade before in his life and he didn't really enjoy the bath that much. But, it's all good. I gave him a flea dip, got the two or three remaining fleas off of him with the flea shampoo and the flea comb. I'm hoping Advantage works like it's supposed to. He seems MUCh happier now. Anyway, I'm posting a few random shots I took after his bath. He has to wait to go back in his crate because I am washing his bed that MIGHT have had fleas on it, too. I'm just being very proactive because I do NOT want him to have to live with those again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
funny pics. in the second one it looks like hes saying " oh the h3ll i go through for you".
bernie always has to take a big long drink of his bath water.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol! He does look like he's saying that, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif At least he smells good now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Flash looks squeaky clean and very handsome indeed :angel:

I really like the name Flash. It seems to fit the way he looks. :cool2:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I don't think he was. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif But, he's feeling so much better today. He just looks happier and his tail is going a mile a minute. I imagine that while the bath wasn't that fun, the effect of the bath was very, very good. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif So far, things are looking good on this end. He's on about 3/4 old food and 1/4 of his new food with no signs of upset stomach or diarrhea. I'm so glad finally he's home with us. He is such a loverboy.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
He is adorable!

Even though he was miserable during the bath he is probably feeling much, much better now!

Congratulations on finally getting him home!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
He looks like he's wondering, what just happened here?

Did he get the zoomies after his bath?

He has such a sweet little face and his ears are a bit short. He looks like a "beetle" with a page-boy hair cut. How can you not fall in love all over again with that?

OH...when my dogs roll in something outside and need a bath, I like to wash them in baby shampoo. Then they have that soft little baby-smell. (I do use flea shampoo too if they happen to have fleas).

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Is your shedding blade a loop with picks on one side? I bought one for my two (that was actually made for horses) but it doesn't work all that well. He does not look too happy in those pics. I guess they never really do look happy after a bath though until the zoomies kick in.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
He is a fine fellow. Probably wondering where all his flea friends have gone!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Flash looks very handsome. A few years ago we had a flea problem, and Advantage worked great. Now, we use K9 Advantix since we've seen ticks the past couple of years. It works really well, too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I don't think he knows what the "zoomies" are. Mostly, he just ambles around to whoever is closest and wants to pet him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He's a pretty laid back dog.

Until he came into the rescue, I don't think his start in life was that happy so it might take him awhile to figure his siuation out. I'm also hoping another dog will help that out...assuming they get along together. I guess we'll never know how he started out, but he seems like he had to grow up way too quickly. He is settling in nicely, but the effects of his start in life are apparent as he doesn't even really know how to play yet. He's sort of getting it and he LOVES to cuddle with soft toys. He is super gentle and never chews anything apart, just sort of mouths them.

Whatever he experienced before, that is long gone now. He's a spoiled dog - just how it should be.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I am so glad you and Flash found each other. My Maggie was a "street dog" for an unknown period of time before ending up in a shelter and, when I brought her home, had no clue how to play with any toys. In spite of trying lots of different methods, she still doesn't know how to play with toys but we've developed some chase games. She has always been a laid back dog, too. Maggie is almost 12 and we've had a wonderful life together. I know you and Flash will have the same.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Flash sure cleans up nice. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
I can not really see the Basset, but I sure do see lots of hound there. I bet he is going to turn out to be a real love. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Wow, look how pretty and white Flash is!! He is one good lookin' guy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Ok, that is almost the same as the blade I have. I can never get it to really work, maybe because my two don't sit still long enough for me to use it properly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts