Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend from Hokie's Hounds e-mailed me requesting a foster home for a mother/daughter pair that is currently in a shelter. I'm sleeping on the idea, but will probably do it as a measure of last resort.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: FIVEdognight!!!--need some advice

They are a cute pair.

What's two more, right? LOL!! Hopefully, they will find a forever home soon. I am assuming they are hoping to place them together?

I guess it's FIVE arooos to you for being such a good person taking them in! You're a beagle angel...

·
Registered
862 Posts

What a sweet-looking pair of mom and daughter!!! I would most probably take them in if I were there. That pleading look is just too irresistible!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Thats a tough one. How do you say no to those pleading faces?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

2 more...piece of cake ;)...read my motto, and it is true. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
Beautiful girls /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

2 more beautiful girls...ah piece of cake /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif
Read my motto, and it is true /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

Matthew!

I understand how hard fostering would be. I would run the risk of getting too attached. However, fostering for us is out of the question because our yard is unfenced and surrounded by woods. Heck, I wouldn't foster to me!

But if you have a fenced in yard and can afford to feed two more mouths, and these girls need somebody...why not. I would. Especially if you trust Hokie Hounds to screen very, very carefully. In the past when I did foster, I had a big say in who the potential candidates would win.

Good luck on this. I do sympathize/empathize with you.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts

Most times, if you are fostering, they cover all costs for the dogs until their forever home is found. I know the fosters here do anyway.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well I am on standby as a foster of last resort, meaning that if their euthanization date comes up and they still have no foster, then I would get them. Word has been spread throughout the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area, so these young ladies should have a forever home soon.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts

Keep tabs on them at the shelter...euthanization dates can sneak up on them. I was so afraid that a mistake would be made and Henry would be PTS before the rescuer could pull him from the pound.

Have any beagle rescues shown interest in them?

~Denise

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Denise, From what I understand, they haven't been at the shelter long. Thankfully, this shelter isn't too quick to PTS, and they are very good at finding foster homes throughout the entire state. I will call the shelter Monday to check up on them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Just a quick update... "Heidi" (momma), and "Melanie" (daughter) have been taken in by a rescue in New Orleans, and are awaiting new families.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Great to hear! I wonder if Denise adopting Yodel (he was transported up to her from New Orleans) opened up space for them? Hmmmm.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts