Our Beagle World Forums banner

Fish, Seafoods anything of the sort?

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Smeagle 
#1 ·
lol, I was wondering how many of your Beagle would rather roll in treats such as fish or any type of seafood rather than eat it?

My Charlie says Such is not for eating:) He smells it then rolls in it, making sure to get all the right spots on himself like it's a perfume.

Does not matter how tasty it is to dogs that are visiting and his brother, He looks at them rather strangely, he then drops and rolls haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha.

He taught his brother outside about worms also, smell drop and roll.

#3 ·
Worms are a joy to Snoopy too! She either eats them or rolls in them--her preference is rolling. We were at the beach in October (first trip for Snoopy to the beach). Wow! She was thrilled with any rotten, decaying sea life she could find. If I turned my back for less than a second she would be rolling in something!

#6 ·
Ummmm I don't mean to say anything, but I think the question I asked was not understood. perhaps as most times I jumble bumble things together, so it's always easy for people to missunderstand what I'm asking or saying.

the title of this is fish, seafood anything of the sort.

meaning as treats like other dogs like. fresh food:)

the worm thing was at the end.

EXAMPLE: I had a can of oysters yum yum, Charlie, Rolo and My sons chow was here, gave them each a oysters Rolo and Kado ate it so fast enjoying it, ....charlie sniffed it toook it between his lips droped it, smell it then rolled on it, this happens with all such treats, such as fish seafoods in the house lol.

ummm hey something like that! ?

#8 ·
Oh I see - you mean like if you give them a treat or if they sneak something off the table - they will smell it or even take it in their mouths but then spit it out then roll on it. Well since I don't eat hardly any seafood - nope they don't get it. And with any kind of dog treats - all they care about is getting it in their mouths and down into their tummies as fast as they can. I really don't know if they even taste what they eat. Most any seafood I do like is deep fried and I seldom eat that. Altho I do like scallops that aren't deep fried - maybe I will conduct an experiment and see what happens. Then come bak and publish my results here.

Just thought of something - I'm doing a little grocery shopping after work today - maybe I'll see what I can find - seafood wise - now I'm curious.

#9 ·
I bought some raw shriimp to boil several weeks ago. Just out of curiosity, I gave Shiloh one. He absolutely loved it!!

I knew the cats loved it but I never thought dogs would like seafood.

I only gave him 2 small shrimp but he sure wanted more.

#10 ·
I live by a river, and I have to keep Ruby away from the edge of the water, where there are dead fish laying, or else she goes nuts rubbing her face in that stench. Eeewww! So now I'm afraid of ever giving her fish to eat, for fear that she'll want to wear it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.