Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! First time Beagle owners here ( although not sure what other mixes are in him, maybe harrier? ) Also relitively new to owning a dog in general having previously had a family dog on the other end of the energy spectrum in a English Bulldog 馃ぃ His name is Bailey he steals all my food and all the space in my bed at night, Wouldn鈥檛 change him for the world though! He鈥檚 just over 6 months old. So please tell me .. what is to come? What are your experiences? Do you think he is a full breed? ( I will love him just as much if isn鈥檛 )
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Tree

Dog Plant Leaf Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Wood

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog

Registered
Welcome to the forum. Looks to me like he is all or almost all beagle. You will find that he will be a great companion for you. Like all Beagles he will make you totally frustrated and a second later will make you laugh. My little guy, Buddy, was my first dog and I have no regrets. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here so don鈥檛 hesitate to ask questions.

Here鈥檚 a pic of Buddy.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Table Companion dog

Registered
There are beagles that are red and white (the red being a bit darker than a liver color) and lemon and white beagles (very light fawn colored). It all depends on what genes his parents carried for color. He looks beagle to me but I'm not an expert. If you're very interested in knowing his composition, you can have a genetic test run on him to see if he's full beagle or what his color genes are - Embark and some others companies offer the tests, they vary in price and often have sales.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts