Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Friday was spent at the little beach near our trailer and Rocky had his first real swim...so cute so I thought I would share the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yay Rocky - way to go! We had a BeaglePaws reunion at a local lake here last weekend and it was funny seeing a few of the beagles try to deal with the water... a couple of them actually seemed to like it and were happily chasing and retrieving sticks - but most of them (those that went anywhere close to the water - most stayed WELL away...) looked a lot like Rocky - stoic about swimming but definitely not looking like it was at the top of their list of favourite things to do on a Sunday afternoon! One beagle was being held by its owner above the water and was madly dogpaddling in the air... that was pretty cute!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Those are great pictures! Caesar isn't much of swimmer. He usually goes in up to his belly, but he splashes around a lot so he does get pretty wet.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Originally Posted By: BookerMoose One beagle was being held by its owner above the water and was madly dogpaddling in the air...
We did that with Cleo once. I then lowered her in the water but still holding her. She was MAD at us.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Good for Rocky! We took Maggie to the beach and when she saw the tide coming in she ran the other way dragging my daughter behind.
Maggie won't even put a foot in a wading pool.
I love your pictures.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So adorable! I grew up with labs so there will always be a special place in my heart for water dogs. I hope at least one of our beagles swims, but if not, that's ok too. I'll just have to convince my husband we need a lab puppy lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts