Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Goober turned 15& 1/2 on the 12th of this month & despite being nearly deaf & blind, he has never had an "accident" until this past morning! I purchased an extra night-light for him to find his way to the dog-door to go potty and I hope that is all he needs for now! (He is still too stubborn to use the doggie-steps that I purchased for him!) :rolleyes: He did not pee in the house...but there were 3 small turds near the dogdoor that were clearly NOT Homers! Hopefully the extra light will help him find his way! :thumbup: (Im sure glad that I did not step on them)!!! :holyshit:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thats quite a record, over 15 years without an accident. Hope you have solved the problem, were the 'end results' normal, or did the poor chap have the runs?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hotdog has been good about not having a poop accident in his washroom. but during the day he hangs outside all day. Only when is it cold or wet do he perfer to hang inside under his 3 blankets /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

He is going on 14 yrs now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm sure you'll find a solution soon! Sometimes don't ya just wish dogs used litter boxes? :raspberry:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by doggonit:
I'm sure you'll find a solution soon! Sometimes don't ya just wish dogs used litter boxes? :raspberry:
Actually you could train them to, no different then paper training!

I thought about it, but I don't know.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I tried the litter box idea and no matter what type of litter we tried, it ended up all over the place. Dogs don't use their paws in a dainty way like cats do. Instead they dig with all their might and unfortunately that means litter goes all over the place withing 100 ft or so of the box. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I sure didn't find it possible to do it with a Beagle. Maybe a chihuahua or something petite, but certainly not a digging Beagle. Have any of you been successfull with a beagle?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was his first accident since he was a puppy!
And since I added an extra night light for him to find his way, he is back to his normal routine! The poor ol boy was no doubt confused by a change in his routine. Since I was away for 2 weeks, he had to sleep in his "dawg-bed" in my office instead of the "big-dawgs bed"! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif A more loving creature than an old dawg does not exist...but they have some limitations that you must compensate for! Thank goodness he overcame them after his second night on the "big-dawgs bed" & he is back to his normal self! (Heck, after my first day back on the job after vacation I fell asleep on the couch after supper & did not awake until a few hours before it was time to go to work)! :rolleye11:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts