Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup, Finley, just had his three month b-day on the 16th. I was just wondering when will the biting stop? I know he's teething and can't help it but sometimes he gets ya and boy does it hurt. Those baby teeth are like little daggers. I always try to have a toy or bone to replace my hand with but I'm not always sucessful. Should I stop him from doing it? I don't wanna make him stop doing something that is natural to him obviosuly, but I don't want him to think biting is ok. Basically, I just wanna know when is it normal for them to stop biting and at what point should I be concerned? Also, how do you guys feel about training a dog on the treadmill? It seems to me that it would be a great way for him to get exercise when a walk isn't an option, but I just want to make sure it's not harmful to him in any way.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie started losing her baby teeth between 3-4 months old, and now that she's 6 months old (today!) her biting has slowed down significantly. She still chews and bites like crazy on her toys, but not near as much on us. And now that those razor sharp baby teeth are out and her permanent teeth are almost in, when she does bite us, it doesn't hurt or draw blood! LOL

Hang in there...it does get better!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
In the meantime, until Finley stops chewing/biting on you, you can use a can with pennies or a water spray bottle, and rattle the can/spray his nose when she bites. He will learn soon enough that biting is not desired.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coins in a Can

Thanks fo the tip. I used the coins in a can last night and it worked well. Finley is a fearless pup so the noise didn't scare him as much as it mesmerized him. It definitley took him right out of that biting mode and then he couldn't keep his eyes off the can. Very funny to watch. Thanks again CM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts