Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Hello. My name is Ryan. Me and my girlfriend Peggy will be getting an 8 week-old male beagle puppy on Friday, May 16th. We've decided to name him Finley. I've had experience with other breeds growing up, but have never had a beagle. Any tips on raising a beagle pup would be greatly appreciated. </span>

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Welcome Ryan! I love the name Finley, and can't wait to see pictures of him! There's quite a few new pups on the board right now, so check out the Beagle Discussion section and I'm sure you'll find lot's of great tips and advice. My beagle baby is almost 5 months old, I can tell you, you're in for a lot of fun! Two words you're going to want to remember though...consistancy and patience!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif and welcome to you and Finley (great name!)

I second Gale on the consistancy and patience. I have a 15 month old red/white princess... you'll love it here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to you all. I'm glad you like he name, I do too. I'm very excited. I will surely post pictures of him. I dont understand how to post them. Can someoneone tell me?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Go to the Information and Help section and click on Photo Posting Help. There you'll find detailed instructions. Will be waiting to see Finley. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to both you and Finley. One more day to go. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/toofunny.gif Looking forward to pictures of your new furbaby.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif to BW! I, too, love the name Finley. Looking forward to those pics and hearing all about your first days with your pup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we've had Finley for 24 hours now and let me say he has been great. I couldn't be happier. He came into our home and has acted like he's lived here for years. He's playful and very well behaved. Believe it or not we put him in his crate last night around 12 and he didn't make a peep until 6 am. He let's me know already when he has to go outside. He plays and naps and plays and naps and plays and naps and so on and so on. Right now we are in nap mode so I actually have a minute to write here. I'm sure things will get more difficult, especially when we have to leave him for a little while to go to work, but so far he's been unbelievable. Thanks for all your kind words. Finley thanks you too.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome!! Finely is just adorable and sounds like he has had a good first day at home!! Keep us posted!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts