Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm happy to present you my new beagle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Didn't decide on a name yet, but our first choice is Maggie, since she is a girl. Can you give me some advice on what to do and don't when you have a puppy, right now she is calm but she shakes sometimes looks like she's stressed, but it's normal, she just came in her new house 2 hours ago.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
She is precious !!! but she needs a name ......

·
Registered
555 Posts
The shaking is normal. It is something puppies do when they are scared. (To be sure it is fear, keep her warm.) She will also cry a lot for the first few days or weeks. This is all very new to her & will find it scary. Just give her time & play with her a lot. She should be chewing up your shoes in no time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Congratulations!!! She's precious! Remember that anything on the floor is hers. If she can reach it she will chew it. I use the Bitter Apple spray on shoes, slippers, electrical cords, furniture.....the list goes on and on. Also, I use Natures Miracle to clean up any "accidents" on the carpet. It cleans the pee smell out of the carpet so Caesar won't smell it and want to "go" there again. Good Luck! :thumbup: Give her lots of kisses from me and Caesar.

·
Registered
794 Posts
She is so cute!!
yes, watch out for her chewing and eating potentially dangerous items!
She is a little scared and nervous...keep her warm and give her lots of cuddles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
She is quiet the little sweetheart :heart:
You'll have to let us know if maggie will be her name or not /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
448 Posts
Very cute new baby girl! My baby is a Maggie too, I love her dearly! Of course, I have had her since her first breath-- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif that was fun

Good luck and looking forward to hearing what the name decision is!
Judi and the gang

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congratulations!! She is just adorable -- glad to hear that she is adjusting well. My Maggie would be honored to share her name with your new pup. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Congratulations and goodluck with the new puppy. She is adorable. My Murphy has learned to give those pitiful looks to get attention. :rolleyes:
She's beautiful and you must let us know what her name is. And, more pictures please. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
93 Posts
Something we used to do when puppies cried at night was to wrap a hot water bottle in a towel and put it in the box with the puppy. We'd also wrap a wind up alarm clock in a towel and put it in the box. The hot water bottle mimics the mother's body heat, while the ticking of the clock mimics the mother's heartbeat. These are old tricks, but I haven't seen them mentioned here on the forum. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts