Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to post my dog park photos, in the large picture room, but the file size was to big. I am using mihov. I lowered the quality, the size, etc, but it's still over 100 kb on my pics. I'd rather not use a link to my photobucket if i don't have to. any suggestions on lowering file size?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've had this same problem. I've never been able to put any of my pictures in the Large Photo section because even though they are within the 1024 x 768 size allowed it always tells me the file size is too large and i don't understand what im doing wrong.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Luigi88, if you don't want you photobucket album to be viewed from within the picture you post, you can simply make it private (default is public). You do that under the main album edit mode.

Jennifer, I think it is linked to the fact that there is a size limit on the picture weight. It's a bit of a catch 22 with the large, high resolution picture, but low weight.... my suggestion - public albums. I find it easier myself for the larger photos.

JAISP, if you have any imput... would appreciate!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather not use any links at all. I want to put my pictures in my posts.

Hmmm, all these upgrades are going on, why not a picture size allowed update too?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: JenniferI've had this same problem. I've never been able to put any of my pictures in the Large Photo section because even though they are within the 1024 x 768 size allowed it always tells me the file size is too large and i don't understand what im doing wrong.
I had exactly the same problem, Jennifer, until I started using Paint Shop. On that program, after I pull up a picture, I go to resize. If it says 1024 x 768 I just pick 50% for the new size and that seems to work.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
at 1024x768 what is the file sizes, I can tweak the program to allow for the size of the file better. It would help me so much to have the file size of the photo if you can. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
WOW, Thats large for a file of that size.

What program did you use to resize the photo?

Try setting your DPI aka Dots Per Inch to 600 or less for photo's to post on your file format compression. The average DPI for display on a computer monitor is 72 DPI.

The higher settings in the photo resizing for programs is more for printing quality not displaying in a computer screen or on a web site.

You should find this setting under file format preferences or in your program settings. If scanning the photo from a laser scanner you can also set your DPI to 300 or 600 manually.

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
I'm not up with that program. Perhaps there is another community member here that uses it that may be able to help you with that one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, what other free programs (emphasis on the free part) could i use to edit my photos, and adjust their dpi?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts