Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie plays fetch ball all the time, I thought it is very common thing to do.
Today at the dog park, people were quite surprise to see a beagle interested in playing fetch. Come to think about it, they are right, of all the beagles I've seen at the dog park, they tend to sniff a lot, not interested in even socializing not to mention fetching balls and stealing balls from other dogs like Charlie does. He plays the frisbee too. When he can't catch up, he'll gets very frustrated and arrroooo after them. Do your beagles play fetch too?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe plays fetch with me sometimes (shouldn't I be playing with her? :conf12: ) Anyway... she teases me with the ball (or toy), but bottom line, she is responding to "drop it" command and gets really excited when I throw it again... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had the same reaction from friends of ours when I said we were trying to teach Blue how to fetch.

Blue is a little distracted when we are outside, but he loves to play in the hallway. He sometimes listens to release and gives me the ball, but when he is done, forget it!! It is pillow time with the ball!!

We have a soccer ball in the backyard and all he does is run around it in a HUGE cirlce and then barks. He loves his little racquetball though, that is what we play fetch with both in the house and sometimes in the backyard.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Derby doesn't play fetch. He likes to play chase and tug. Although, when I play fetch with Cowboy, Derby will run along side him, jumping on his back and biting the scruff of his neck(He wants all of my attention- Jealous li'l fella).

·
Registered
786 Posts
Every once in a great while mine will play fetch.

But most of the time we throw the ball and then we retrieve it. :doh:

They like watching us....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley plays "get it" pretty good now. Hubby was really wanted that to happen badly so I am glad it did. Gives them something to bond over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts